This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Configuration Dump - Line numbers

Folks,

As an engineer i would like to be able to use the online NCM configuration dumps as a source for taking configlets/sections of code that can be reused and edited elsewhere. Unfortunately i am unable to do so because of the line numbers on the left hand side of the web page. Can we have these removed as it it requires me to either edit large configlets in notepad (to remove the line numbers) or i have to log onto the device and then copy from the live configuration directly (reducing as a result, the usefulness of the dumps). Furthermore there seems to be a new line character in the dump which affects the exporting of the dump, can we also have this removed please? I have used dumps in this way in Voyence in the past and it is very handy option.

00001  ! 

00002  version 12.4 

00003  service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone

Cheers

W

• If you click edit in the top right hand corner of the resource after you've opened a config it has a line numbers tick box, this removes the line numbers.

Jon

• Excellent, thanks. Can anything be done about the second issue i.e. the new line characters that are hidden??

• Hi Willc--

I'll mark this for the PM to review as well.

M

• WillC - I'm not sure what new line character you mean? I just tried to do this and had no problem pasting it into notepad. Can you tell me a little more? 

--Christine

• Hey Christineb/MarieB,

I did a bit of playing with this since your message, as i was curious as to how you were not seeing what i was seeing. It seems the issue that i have is only when you inbed the NCM configurations into the nodes NPM view (Last 5 Configurations section). When i copy the config directly from NCM i get the following:

! Last configuration change at 10:40:55 ireland Thu Aug 19 2010 by
    ! NVRAM config last updated at 10:40:58 ireland Thu Aug 19 2010 by

upgrade fpd auto 
    version 12.2 
    service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone 
    service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone 
    service password-encryption 
    service counters max age 5 

hostname IRSW01 

boot system flash disk0:s222-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF16.bin 
    no logging console 

But when i copy the configuration from the nodes NPM view, which is where i would hope to do it from i get the following (notice the new line characters)

! Last configuration change at 10:40:55 ireland Thu Aug 19 2010 by lcurtin 

! NVRAM config last updated at 10:40:58 ireland Thu Aug 19 2010 by lcurtin 

! 

upgrade fpd auto 

version 12.2 

service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone 

service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone 

service password-encryption 

service counters max age 5 

! 

hostname IRSW01 

For short configlets this is not a big deal but when you are dealing with a hundred lines of config, it is or when you wish to perform a configuration comparison its a big issue. When i view either configuration on the NPM/NCM portals they both look exactly the same, its only when i copy the configuration to notepad, that i see the issue on the NPM copy.

cheers

W

• Hey WillC - ok that *is* really strange. I will log this as a bug. Thanks for the additional information.

-Christine