2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 5:06 AM by sotherls

New error

sotherls

Granted I have not been as active with the beta as I would have liked but when I RDP'd into my test server this morning I was getting a new error.

I clicked on Orion Reports Scheduler and it kicked off an installation of some sort. Since I had not run this before I did not think anything unusual until it then did its thing then kicked off the configuration wizard. When that completed I got the following error:

Database configuration failed:
       •  Error while executing script- Could not allocate space for object 'sys.sysobjvalues'.'clst' in database 'SolarWindsOrion' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Nothing has changed (that I know of) since I first did the install. I know I had to use the default express intallation to mkae it work.

Any ideas?

• Re: New error

Hi Sotherls - Have you checked the disk space available on the drive that hosts the SQL Database?  Could it be that you  are running up against a DB size limitation (4gb for SQL Express 2005)?

HTH,

Greg

• Re: New error
              sotherls

THanks Greg. I got an email from support saying it was because of a full transaction log but still had the problem after shrinking. In any case I blew it away after I saw the email about the beta 2 version which has to have a clean install anyway.