2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2010 4:20 AM by mstyfernandez

Error CS0433

mstyfernandez

Hi,

Today I have had to restart my Orion NPM using the Service Manager as our map had gone missing.  Since doing this, I now have an error message when trying to view Syslog/Traps and Overview:

c:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\SysLog.aspx(62): error CS0433: The type

'ASP.orion_controls_vendorcontrol_ascx' exists in both
      'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6faafa1c\92094bad\App_Web_mrpiv9lv.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6faafa1c\92094bad\App_Web_en1a23bc.dll'

c:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\Traps.aspx(75): error CS0433: The type

'ASP.orion_controls_traptypecontrol_ascx' exists in both
      'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6faafa1c\92094bad\App_Web_mrpiv9lv.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6faafa1c\92094bad\App_Web_en1a23bc.dll'

c:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\Overview.aspx(43): error CS0433: The type
      'ASP.orion_controls_overviewreportcontrol_ascx' exists in both

These are all referring to the ASP controls being written in two .dll locations.  I have removed (to desktop) these files, but get an EM aware of their disappearanc!!  I have also looked at this KP, but couldn't find any resemblance to the problem I have here.

"We've recently posted a workaround for this in the knowledge base.

http://support.solarwinds.com/kbase/ProblemDetail.cfm?ID=1162"

I have NPM and IPAM.  The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I downloaded a trial version of NCM and NTA and they latched on to the NPM!!!! Now that they have expired, could they be causing this problem??

Any help here is appreciated!

TIA

Trish.

• Re: Error CS0433

Hi Trish--

I have NPM and IPAM.  The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I downloaded a trial version of NCM and NTA and they latched on to the NPM!!!! Now that they have expired, could they be causing this problem??

Yes, this sounds likely enough to warrant a call to support unless you hear something back from the community.

M