Did you run the installer in compatibility mode and not the prorgam? What did you get?
Are you receiving any errors or is it just not working?
Can you explain your setup/deployment?
Server 2008 is not the best at assigning "real" COM ports to USB devices. Chances are, your cell device was assigned a virtual COM port... which NotePager Pro can't access.
My best recommendation, in situations like these, is to reinstall the device using the manufacturer provided, Server 2008 specific driver.
DON'T let Windows use the legacy XP/2000 drivers, it'll just cause the same issue.
Hi, Thanks for your responses, sorry I should have given more detail!
I ran the installer in compatibility mode and as an administrator, nothing happens as I ran it! Not even an entry in event viewer L
I have the comm ports configured ok as I have managed to prove connectivity using HyperTerminal and sending an sms to my mobile using AT commands.
Talked with Notepager Support, dang x64 is your issue.
These are the Server 2008 64-bit installation steps for NotePager Pro:
1) Download the latest installation file for NotePager Pro:
2) When asked if you want to run or save it, you want to Save it to the Desktop.
3) After the installation file has downloaded, minimize and/or close everything until you can see the desktop.
4) Right click on the notepagerpro.exe file you downloaded.
5) Select the "Run as Administrator" option.
6) Click on the Install NotePager Pro option.
7) Click on Next on the first step.
8) Click on Next on the second step.
9) Click on Browse on the third step.
10) In the upper left hand corner, change c:\program files\notepager pro\ to c:\notepager pro\
11) Click on OK.
12) Click on Next.
13) Click on Next until the installation finishes.
14) Click on Finish.
Now that we have the program installed, before you run the program for the first time, do this:
15) Right click on the Shortcut to NotePager Pro.
16) Left click on Properties.
17) Go under the Compatability Tab.
18) Enable the Compatability for Windows XP Service Pack 2.
19) Click on OK.
20) Right click on the shortcut to NotePager Pro.
21) Left click on the Run as Administrator option.
Thank you, but unfortunately I have tried this already even though I'm running 32bit!
Also to prove I didn't have a dodgy windows install, I tried running the installer on a vm and I still experienced the same problem :-(
Thanks for your help so far!
NotePage Support here, I've been following the thread and in contact with Brandon, so I thought I'd hop in. What happens when you try to run the program? Actually, when you run the installer, does it install properly and then the program just won't run or are you getting specific errors? Or... does nothing happen?
Thanks for following! When I run the exe installer, even in compatibility mode nothing happens, no errors and nothing in the event viewer.
Oh and I have re-downloaded the exe to be safe.
All Resolved now!
Sorry to be a pain, but by downloading from a standalone connection it works!
Thanks for your assistance!