This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can Orion rewrite/create new trap rather than just forwarding it ??

I have set up a bunch of equipment to send traps into Orion.

Most of these traps i want to go into HPOV.
The problem is that i can only find a way to forward these trap.
What i like to do is to create new traps based on the traps i recieve.

Is this possible in any way ???

• Can you elaborate on this please.  Why do you want a new trap?  Just trying to understand why the forward does not suffice.

• If i just forward the trap this will require lost of configuration in HPOV setting up conditions.

If a created new traps this could be catched with a simple condition on HPOV

But this is proberly more difficult than so..    because one would then need either to create lots of traps rules on Orion or being able to load MIB files into Orion.

I'd just like to use Orion as our traphandler...   but i also need to deliver all alarmevent to HPOV via traps for our NMC

• So if you have an event in SolarWinds, you want to generate an SNMP trap for HPOV correct? If you open Advanced Alert Manager modify the alert you are interested in and add a new trigger action for "Send an SNMP Trap". You can pass variables in the trap so you get actionable information.

Is that what you are looking for?

• Not exactly...

I want Orion as my trap reciever.   Based on the traps recieved (and the text in the trap) Orion should send a trap further on to HPOV.

But i DONT want Orion just to forward the trap...     The trap that Orion should send to HPOV should be generic..  same OID every time..  just containing different text.