This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface info for PIX, ASA

I need to be able to querry Pix and ASAs and have them  bring back the interface information for each interface to a report.  It is a simple command  "sh ip" is all that is needed to display what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to make it work with the standard activity types.  Has anyone created a custom activity that I could use to automate this process?

Thanks for your responses,
Gary

• Hi Gary,

If you want to just capture the command output in a text file, then the Device.CLI.Send commands activity should work fine with this; however if you want to format the data into a report style, then you are correct in that a custom activity will be required for this.

With any luck, someone on the forum may have already done this; else take a look at the following on-line help file page which has information on how to set a custom activity up and also where the provided template files are located:  http://www.kiwisyslog.com/help/cattools/act_creatingcustomactivity.htm

You may be able to use the provided template for most of your activity; the only trickier part will be the parsing out of the data.   From what I have seen on our test lab 5505, the data appears to be returned in a table type format, so you may need to split your data on (say) a CrLf and then loop through extracting your data from each line.

Regards,

Steve