This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Server 2008 cache folder

I have a server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, using Secure Tunnel to send Windows Event logs.  We've done this on other servers, but this is the first 2008 server.  The issue is that there's a folder named 'cache' inside the Kiwi Tunnel Client folder.  This folder is being written with KiwiTCScachex.dta files, approximately 1 per minute, where 'x' is a number as it increments filenames.  Help!  This is filling up the server, and has required me to stop logging until I get this figured out.  The Server 2003 servers that I'm logging also have the cache folder, but no files in there.

Thanks!

• Figured this out...apparently the Network filtering service was logging successful connections, even for connections it allowed...the repeated connections made by Kiwi Tunnel were causing events to be logged almost continuously.  I disabled logging for task 12810 in my log forwarder, which cut down on the logged events, and eliminated the caching.

• Figured this out...apparently the Network filtering service was logging successful connections, even for connections it allowed...the repeated connections made by Kiwi Tunnel were causing events to be logged almost continuously.  I disabled logging for task 12810 in my log forwarder, which cut down on the logged events, and eliminated the caching.