4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 11:16 AM by MarieB

Graph Scaling

jonchill

Is there anyway of getting the scaling working better in graphs, as you can see from below it runs to 100% up the side but the CPU utilisation never goes above about 15% so you don't get any real idea of what the utilisations doing, this is the same for all the other graphs.

But if you add a UnDP graph it scales how I would expect it to see next reply below and as a consequence I've removed some of the standard graphs and replaced them with UnDP graphs as I get a better idea of what's going on.

• Re: Graph Scaling
          jonchill

But if you add a UnDP graph it scales how I would expect it to see next reply below and as a consequence I've removed some of the standard graphs and replaced them with UnDP graphs as I get a better idea of what's going on.

• Re: Graph Scaling
              casey.schmit

We purposefully scale the CPU charts from 0-100.  The reason is that when we didn't, we ran into concerns about how at a glance, it could look like the CPU was maxed out, but the scale was only 0-5.  Some folks had concerns about different scales across nodes because it made things harder to compare when moving between nodes.  That's the rationale for where we are at today.

That said, if you want to change it, it is possible.  First, backup the Netperfmon.charts file in your install, then open it up..  Look for the section that starts with <HostAvgCPULoad>(around line 2463).  In that section there should be a <ManualScale>Both</ManualScale>.  You can change that value to Min and it should force it to always start at 0 and get different max scaling depending on what the CPU values are.  It will do this for all the Avg Load CPU charts.  Once you change that value, you'll need to restart IIS.

Hope that helps.