3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2010 5:04 AM by GZhytar

Migration from Scrutiniser

aaron_daniels

Hi All,
      We are about to install NTA and migrate away from our previous Netflow app, Scrutiniser.

Before I go attempting to re-invent the wheel does someone else out there have any scripts to export the data from the Scrutiniser mysql db and into the NTA MSSQL db?

Thanks,
      Aaron

• Re: Migration from Scrutiniser
          GZhytar

Hi aaron_daniels,

unfortunately we don't have any prepared stuff, but I'd like to better understand your use case.

If your main goal is to import list of Nodes, than you can easily export list of IP addresses from Scrutiniser to CSV file and add them all at once to Orion using Network Sonar Discovery (when creating new Discovery just select option "Specific Nodes".

If you need to migrate Flow data, it probably would be much harder, if possible at all.

Looking forward additional information,

thanks

aaron_daniels

Flow Data :)

We already have all the nodes and interfaces added to NPM and NTA, we just want all the historical info.

I have had a brief look around. Does SW have a DB schema that describes what goes where?

Thanks,
              Aaron

GZhytar

aaron_daniels,

I knew that would be tricky :)

Here the post that describes our compression schema and appropriate database tables. Unfortunately there are tight dependencies between flow date time, compression algorithm and particular Summary tables.

To avoid problems with reporting and NTA storage, I would strongly recommend to keep both systems running until historical data from Scrutinizer expires.

thanks