4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2010 10:30 AM by greg@solarwinds.net

Export to PDF

jonchill

I noticed this isn't down on the list of improvements in the beta, is it something that's being developed for a later release as I've just used it and found the output could come in really useful for exporting and e-mailing to anyone who may not have direct access.

• Re: Export to PDF
          bshopp

Ah good catch, this should be ready to bang on some and give us feedback.  You should be able to use report scheduler too.

jonchill

Tried an export of a interface resource and its exported the interface details OK but the graphs its putting in links through to NPM not the graphs themselves. Is this how it should export?

jonchill

Also anything to wide for the page it just chops without any warning.

Cutting off the page on wide views is a bug that will need addressing.

Regarding the graphs not showing, we are moving towards ensuring everything is drawn before the conversion. In the meantime you should be able to adjust a config file setting to allow it to wait a little longer to allow the chart to render:

Locate the file:

<Orion installation dir>\ExportToPDfCmd.exe.config

And in the section:

<setting name="ConversionDelay" serializeAs="String">
                              <value>00:00:00</value>
                      </setting>

Set the delay a little longer (HH:MM:SS).  I would suggest starting at about 15 seconds.

HTH,

Greg