1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 12:34 PM by pacetti

All Triggered Alerts

Hi,

Bear with me as I'm reasonably new to this software, Under Network Summary Home - Under All Triggered Alerts we have alerts from one of our switches saying that the port is shutdown.

Which is fine, How do I stop it from alerting on this? We dont want to alert on shutdown ports, only ones that go to a down state rather than shutdown.

What really obvious step am I missing??

David

• Re: All Triggered Alerts
          pacetti

David,

The following steps should get you to where you can edit the alert to either prevent it from firing altogether or suppress it for the condition you've indicated.

1. Open the Advanced Alert Manager (Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting, and mapping > Advanced Alert Manager).
          2. Select the alert you are seeing, and then click Edit.
          3. Note: The alert name is indicated in the Message field of the All Triggered Alerts resource on the Network Summary view.
          4. If you want to edit the conditions defining when the alert is fired, edit the fields on the Trigger Conditions tab.
          5. If, under certain selected conditions, you want to suppress the existing alert, define those suppression conditions on the Alert Suppression tab.

For more detailed information, see the section "Creating and Managing Alerts : Creating and Configuring Advanced Alerts" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.