0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 3:36 AM by Cosmin

[AlertCheckingThread] WARN  Error - Exception in CheckAlert.DeleteOrphanedAlerts

Hello,

I have Orion NPM v9.5.1 and I have some problems with the Alerting Engine. To be more precise, in the Event Log I have thousands of warning messages like the one below :

2010-07-14 05:08:19,492 [AlertCheckingThread] WARN  Error - Exception in CheckAlert.DeleteOrphanedAlerts.
      System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
         at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
         at AlertingEngine.CheckAlert.DeleteOrphanedAlerts()

I can't figure out what's the cause of these messages. Does anyone else confrunted with such an issue?

Thanks,

Cosmin