contracer

Hi,

I need insert a little description in "Down Nodes" resource, like below:

Is there any way to create this ?

Thanks.

• Re: Down Nodes - Description
          kweise

contracer,

I don't know of a way to modify the Down Nodes resource to add a description, so I just created a custom property for a description and then replaced the down nodes resource with a report from report writer that shows any node with a status of warning or down and also shows the value of the description custom property.  I attached screen shots of the report writer wizard for the report.  Let me know if you have any questions about how it's set up.

Hope this helps!

• Re: Down Nodes - Description
            sotherls

I have covered this in numerous forum posts but it gets lost easily.

Look at http://thwack.com/members/sotherls/files/StatusUpdateResource.JPG.aspx to see how we are doing it. There is a custom resource called 'Outages.ascx' which incorporates these fields and lets you see them on your views. You can find it here: Resource to display reason for outage (9.5.x)

You need to allow some users to edit the nodes' custom properties, especially one called Status_Info'. Our Application Development staff actually put together a front end tool which allows our HelpDesk folks to post the data directly into the Status_Info field but as long as you allow thm the ability to edit the nodes that should work as well (and less complicated).

Hope this helps.