This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Selecting Types for Import

FormerMember
FormerMember

Toolset 10.6

I know how to connect to my NPM database for import. What I'm trying to figure out is how to filter what I want imported. I want to only import those nodes where Vendor is Cisco. I don't care if it's a router or a switch. I seem to be missing the point about how to select things to import and have some 10000 nodes in the DB so I need to trim my Workplace Studio Devices to only those I really care about.

Thanks

• In the Select Rows step you can check which rows you want to select for import. That way you only import the rows you care about.

If you have a large number of devices you can export from your database and filter that export via whatever criteria you want. Export to a comma delimited text file or a CSV file. Then you can import that file into Workspace Studio using the Import by text or CSV file option.