4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 9:24 AM by billconti

NPM 10 WEB page

billconti

I’m having a problem with NPM 10 and the WEB page. When I’m logged into the server I never have a problem but from a computer going to the WEB page it some times works and some times doesn’t. When it’s working everything is working well but it will be down for 3 or 4 hrs a day and at sporadic times. I’ve found that I can access the WEB site for NCM at all times (we are running NCM 6.0). Anyone have any suggestions?

• Re: NPM 10 WEB page
          Andy McBride

When you access the Orion web pages from the Orion server you are accessing local URLs, so DNS and the network are not involved. When you access remotely and there are DNS or other issues hindering HTTP you will have problems. I'd look for a network issue causing the loss of connectivity. I assume you are accessing the NCM dedicated web and not the NPM/NCM integration.

billconti

I have the NCM set up for both dedicated and NPM/NCM integration and the NCM dedicated web I never have problems with it’s the NPM/NCM integration page that I have the problem with. Both are coming from the same server (I have the IIS set up on the same server as NPM). The problem is some times it all works fine then other times users can’t get into the NPM page. When you can get into the NPM page all integrated pages work fine (NCM, APM, NetFlow) when we can’t get to the NPM page we can still get to the NCM dedicated page that comes off the same server so I’m not thinking it’s a connection issue.

Just a thought, based on what happened to us. We had a number of problems viewing the pages and finally tracked it down to a proxy setting on the browser that had it going outside the local network.