3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2010 3:59 AM by teko

Migrating from ONPM 7.8.5 to 8.5.0

Hello all,

I am migrating from Orion Network Performance Monitor 7.8.5 to Orion Network Performance Monitor 8.5.0. The upgrade process  finished sucessfully but when I launch Orion web page I get the following error:

System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyNotFoundException: The settings property 'MenuName' was not found.
         at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
         at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
         at System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetInternal(String propertyName)
         at System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
         at System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
         at ProfileCommon.get_MenuName()
         at Orion_MenuBar.OnInit(EventArgs e)
         at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
         at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Can anybody have any idea on what's going on? Please help me.
        • Re: Migrating from ONPM 7.8.5 to 8.5.0
          Jason.Henson

Teko,

the error is saying that the property for the menu is not found.  You can restore the menu using the Website Backup utility located in the Advanced Features submenu of SolarWinds Orion (Programs Menu).  The latest version is Orion v10 though.  I encourage you to keep at this upgrade process until you get to the the latest version once you've resolved this problem with your menu. 

Thank you,
          Jason Henson
          Loop1 Systems
          www.Loop1Systems.com

Hi Teko--

Jason's right--you should continue to upgade to the latest version of NPM, 10.0. It is free for you in your customer portal if you are under active maintenance.

M

Hi All,

Thanks for your assistance. I have upgrade to the  latest version of NPM, 10 but when I navigate to Admin -> AccountList  menu or Admin -> AccountView menu , I get the following error:

Orion Website Error
                  Website Error

The Orion website is currently unable to display this page. Orion polling and alerting services often continue running, though this page cannot be displayed. Please take the following steps to attempt to alleviate the issue:

1. Log in to the website again and navigate to another Orion  page, allowing you to isolate the error to this page.
                  2. Ensure the  Orion services are still running.
                  3. Check that your SQL Server is  still running and accessible.

Please notify SolarWinds of this error. We will address and help  you fix the issue.

Your specfic error is:

The settings property 'AccountEnabled' was not found.

How can I resolve this?

Thank in advance for your support.