This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Maps in Orion

NPM 10.  I thought this would be simple.

I have 4 maps, one of each Data Center rack with all the devices in place etc...

Plan A What I REALLY want is a new tab with a link for each map. I understand that is not possible. Can't create a tab or a page for each map.

Plan B was to create a page with all the maps on it scaled down and I wanted and click on one to see the full sized map in a new window. Also apparently not possible a) no way to create the page that I can add maps to and b) even if I did when I open a map scaled to 30% it is also scaled to 30% in the new window.

Plan C (Limited by Plan A discovery already) I just wanted to add a menu item under the Home tab for each map.

Is there a Plan D in here somewhere?  I just want an 800x600 map to display on a page by itself.

/RB

• The page with map thumbnails is a bit hidden, but can be found on this URL:

http://<orion website>/Orion/NetPerfMon/AllMaps.aspx

To add a toolbar button, go to Settings, click Customize Menu Bars, select the bar you want to customize, and look for button "All Maps". Drag it from the left to the right panel and click Submit. Now the customized toolbar has a reference to the All Maps page, that contains thumbnails of all maps. Is this what you are looking for?

• Not exactly what I wanted... With a name like "all maps" I doubt it, but is there a way I can hide inactive maps? I have maps in progress, old maps I'm not ready to delete etc... and I don't want people fiddling with them or warnings showing up due to a work in progress.

Otherwise, am I to assume there is no solution that will allow me to put a map or maps on a custom? It's either on the home page or an "all or none" maps page on a custom tab?

/RB

• you are right, there is only the All Maps page, or Custom List of Maps resource (just a list, no thumbnails). I have notified our PM about your feature request.

• There is also an option for your plan C:

You can create a custom "button" on the Home tab with a hyperlink to the map page. The map page URL is http://<server>/Orion/NetPerfMon/MapView.aspx?Map=<map name>. Does this help?

• That will do what I need.

I don't want to drop the feature request though. At some point I would still like to create a tab for page "Production DC Maps" with several 300x300 clickable maps of all the relevant maps. I would create a page for each of 3 locations.

thanks

/RB