This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can Sonicwall Firewall be monitored as a network node?

I am trying to monitor our Sonicwall firewall traffic statistics so that we can determine if we have a large enough pipe for the expansion we are about to undergo. I am in the firewall and it has an option to allow SNMP monitoring. I've set the public and Trap strings and yet the SNMP Validation in Orion still fails. Can anyone help with this?

• Just ran across a post that has already answered this question, so now I've got a different question on the same topic.

I have managed to get the SNMP monitoring setup on the sonicwall. The issue I'm running into is that it is not adding any interfaces. When I do the network discovery it pulls up all the info about the sonicwall (name, model, firmware, etc.) but none of the interfaces are  showing up, so it kind of makes it useless as a monitoring tool. One thing I've learned about SolarWinds, is RARELY is there anything put out that is anything but absolute Awesome. Sometimes over the top, but never ever useless. So how can I get it to add the interfaces of the Sonicwall device in so that I can monitor Bandwidth usage on them?

• Try the List  Resources button on the Manage Nodes page. 

• ok tried the list resources option, and nothing showed up. Tried using the Universal device poller but can't make heads or tails of what I'm looking at. Was able to get one poller in place but it didn't really do anything. So basically I can't watch the individual interfaces on the sonicwall with orion?

• Sorry, I suggested to use the Universal Device Poller when I thought you were trying to pull specific utilization MIBs from the firewall. That is not going to help with discovering interfaces.

Try using a MIB browser (there is one in Toolset) to check if you can see the ifTable (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/docs/mibs/interfaces.html) on the firewall.