This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to get Network Atlas to recognize .gif files

I'm trying to install custom graphics files. The instructions state I can use .wmf or .gif (in fact the example is .gif) yet I can not get the program to load and recognize .gif files. If I include a .wmf it works fine.  However, my files are in .gif format.

I am running NPM 10

this is the help link

http://www.solarwinds.com/netperfmon/SolarWinds/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#href=OrionNetworkAtlasAGCustomIconsfromFiles.htm&single=true

What am I missing here?

/RB

• I added mine to a new directory in C:\Program Files\SOlarwinds\Orion\Network Atlas\Maps\NetObjects\Networking Icons\

• Harold,

you should not put your custom pictures to this folder, unless the machine is the only one running website and network atlas. The pictures would not be synchronized to other computers. Please see  on where to put custom pictures.

harryball, can you post some of the gifs here?

• OK, I dont' think I made myself clear.

I am working on the server where Orion is installed.

I have added a folder named Dell here...

C:\Users\Administrator.000\AppData\Roaming\SolarWinds\NetworkAtlas\Maps\Orion\localhost\NetObjects\User Graphics\Dell

and here...

C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\Network Atlas\Maps\NetObjects\Large Icons\Dell

Both folders contain .gif files of Dell devices.

In both cases the Dell folder does not appear in the Select Graphics interface.

However, if  I add a .wmf file into the folder, BOTH show up in their respective locations with that one .wmf file available.

My gifs are all 200 X ??  since the height varies. Maybe I've got the specs on the gifs wrong? I've not stumbled across that information. At the moment, I assume .gifs are .gifs.

This is one of the gifs

/RB

• I performed the steps you provided and I can see the icon in User Graphics\Dell in the Select Graphic window.

Can you please open a support ticket and reference this thread?

Thanks,

Michal

• Case #171476 - "Atlas not recognizing gif graphics" opened.

• For those who care, the issue was a dash “ – “ is a reserved character in your file naming scheme. I changed Dell-R900.gif to Dell_R900.gif and they now appear.