8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 2:18 PM by ojoj

NPM Variables in Custom HTML

mark3267

I have a view defined for my Data Centre UPS Devices in which I would like to add a view of the UPS Status Page which consists of Custom HTML as shown below

<div style="text-align:center;">
      <iframe align="center" src="http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/MainPage.htm" name="Name"
      width="800" height="500">
      </iframe>
      </div>

where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP Address of the UPS device.

Is it possible to use a variable within the custom HTML, ie. http://$IP/MainPage.htm and if so, what is the syntax?

• Re: NPM Variables in Custom HTML
          Jason.Henson

Mark3267,

That's a great feature request for SolarWinds.  I can see how it could be useful in lots of scenarios.

A possible work around to help you now is one of two options:

> You could create a custom property that reflects the URL of your UPS device, then build a report that lists: Node ID, Node Name, Custom Property.  You could then post this report to your home page.  The down side to this is that Orion doesn't support HTML in the reports from a custom property, so you won't be able to use an href tag or anything like that to auto kick up the http session.  You will have to copy and paste the URL into the browser. 

I'd like to see SolarWinds take this as a feature request to consider.  I think that supporting html in the reports like that and not just link to the node details or interface details would be very helpful. 

> A second option would be to just drill into the node.  At the top on the right hand side, you will see buttons to http/ssh/telnet/etc to the device.  You can use the http button to browse to the UPS. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
          Jason Henson
          Loop1 Systems
          www.Loop1Systems.com

Jason.Henson

Mark3267,

Do you have the SNMP management cards in those UPS devices?  If so, have you looked to see if you can poll those values with the Orion Universal Device Poller?  That would be a better way of actually getting the data into Orion and then it's actually data that Orion is managing which means you could set alerts and reports on it as well. 

Thanks,
            Jason Henson
            Loop1 Systems
            www.Loop1Systems.com

mark3267

Yes I do have the cards installed but the MIBs seem a bit hit and miss. I have the MIB definitions from the suppliers but they don't list the individual OIDs so it's a bit tricky, and the current definitions in the UDP don't seem to match up.

I've used some of the generic UPS management OIDs to get some information such as overall load but I can't get load per phase for example, which is shown on the status page.

How do I check if the current MIBs are installed in Solarwinds or load the up to date definitions?

Jason.Henson

Most likely the best option to make sure you have the full set of MIBs is to download and apply the latest MIB db update.  You can get to it by logging into your SolarWinds Customer Portal at http://www.solarwinds.com/customerportal/.  Once you are logged in, you'll see "Orion MIB Database" under "Helpful Links" on the left hand side menu.  If you click on that, you should be asked to save the file.  Instruction to apply the Orion MIB database are:

Extract the compressed MIBs.cfg file to an appropriate temporary location.

2.   Navigate to the appropriate MIBs.cfg default installation location, as follows:

Note: If the operating system on which you have installed your SolarWinds product uses Regional Settings other than English (United States), confirm that you are installing the MIBs.cfg file to the appropriate native region location. 

a.   The default location for installations of Orion NPM version 9.5.1 and earlier is dependent on the version of your installed Windows operating system, as follows:

i.    In Windows Server 2003 and earlier, the default location is C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Common\.

ii.   In Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista and later, the default location is C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\.

b.   The default location for installations of Orion NPM version 10.0 and later is dependent on the version of your installed Windows operating system, as follows:

i.    In Windows Server 2003 and earlier, the default location is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\.

ii.   In Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista and later, the default location is C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\.

3.         Copy the extracted MIBs.cfgfile from its temporary location to the appropriate default location as indicated in the previous step, and then replace the existing MIBs.cfgfile.

Thanks,
                    Jason Henson
                    Loop1 Systems
                    www.Loop1Systems.com

I actually have something like this working on my site:

<a href="http://host/${IP_Address}" target=_blank>Current Config for ${IP_Address}</a> working on my site.

I just use the variable syntax of ${IP_Address}. All the variables are listed in the Network Performance Monitor Administrator Guide

Dogeron

Mark,

Old thread but the following may help someone......

That looks to me like the page of a Netman 101/102 card in a Riello UPS.

They are a bit confusing as you have a MIB for the card and a seperate section of MIB for the UPS functionality.

Most of what you see on the webpage is available from the MIB trying looking below 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.

If you have a 3 phase UPS you can get each phase value by adding .1 .2 or .3 against each leg.

For example to get the Output Percentage Load  (1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.5.) on phase 1 use 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.5.1

Hope this helps.

Dog

ojoj

Hi.

Does anyone know the variable for the group name?

I have a share on the server called "photos" and each folder within that is called the site name e.g. \\servername\photos\site1\001.jpg

"site1" is the same name as a group in Solarwinds.

When I try and display the image using custom HTML I need the variable for group name to insert instead of "site1". I've tried all the obvious ones but can't get it to work. If I hard code to site1 it works, but obviously its the same image on every group page!

Many thanks

OJ