This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to add poller for Netgear Readynas 3200

I want to be able to add custom pollers for this device. Has anyone allready done this? I am not really sure where to start.

• Rogier,

This process really all depends on what are you trying to monitor?  The MIB OID's supported by the Netgear can be plugged into the Orion UnDP (Universal Device Poller) with or without SolarWinds compiling the MIB file. 

Typically the way I approach this is that I will use the MIB Walk tool in the Engineer's Toolset to show me what is supported on the device and then export that to Excel.  I can then search the form in the OID descriptions for the value I'm looking for (VPN Connections, port values, etc).  The tool exposes the OID and the raw value polled durring the walk to help identify the value.  You can then copy and paste the OID back into the UnDP of Orion and set up the poller. 

The advantage to having SolarWinds compile the MIB (which you would have to ask Netgear for) is that it makes the set up process easier in the UnDP and it also makes it easier to validate that you are monitoring the correct OID.  The definition from the vendor can be reviewed using the SNMP MIB Browser tool in the SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset if the MIB file has been compiled (which based on experience, most MIB files have been if it's been available to the public for any length of time).  The UnDP will use the information from the MIB file to help automatically configure the right settings for the poller, but this can all be manually configured too.  

Thanks,
    Jason Henson
    Loop1 Systems
    www.Loop1Systems.com