This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Active Alert up triggers not working.

Well I submitted a ticket to SW support and still have not got a response, so I figured I would try the forums.

Our alerts are not working for an up trigger condition to our cell phones, but we are getting emails. If a down alert trigger occurs a page is received by our cell phones. If an up alert trigger occurs no pages are received by our cell phones. Anyone have ideas.

Thanks,

Bret

• Can you post screen shots or describe the trigger actions better then "page our cell phones". I would assume that since the emails are working your trigger conditions are correct but your actions may have an issue.

The more information you can give the better.

• Is the triggered alert copied to the reset?  I know this is basic, but don't have an example of your working trigger.

If it is copied over to the reset from the trigger, then actually seeing an example of a  trigger and reset configuration would be necessary to help analyze the issue. 

• Thanks guys. This is something that was working then stopped. Its not fully broke its just not working for up triggers and they are basic active alerts.

Down

subject

Alert: ${NodeName} Down

Address ${IP} has stopped responding to pings.

Reset

subject

Reset: ${NodeName}  Up

Address ${IP} has resumed responding to pings.

• Can you provide a screenshot of the Property To Monitor and the Alert Trigger from the Basic Alert Interface? 

• Without knowing the complete configuration of the Alert, I cannot assist.  If you can provide a screen shot of the Alert to include the Property to Monitor and the Alert Trigger from the Alert Interface it would help.