This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Not able to View more than 150 descovered subnets

We have several DHCP servers loaded into IPAM and a combined total of 371 DHCP scopes.

For some reason, I am only able to view the details of the first 150 subnets. 

If I click on the "discovered Subnet" folder in the left pain, I see the subnets listed in the larger pain on the left, and a list of the first 150 subnets listed under "Discovered Subnet", then a message saying "150 items listed".

I have 4 pages worth of subnets in the left pain, so I can click through the pages to see all the 371 subnets listed. If I click on any of the first 150 subnets listed, it opens the subnet and I can see all the IP address details as expected. But as soon as i get down to the 151 or higher subnet, it does nothing when I click the subnet link. It's like it just ignores my mouse click all together.

Any idea what is causing this. Is this a possibly a bug?

• Not a bug, but definitely an opportunity for a UI improvement in IPAM.  For now, check out these threads:

Essentially, you can set it to display more than 150; however, this can get ugly the higher you set it.  Another workaround (as mentioned in Peter's post) is to separate the subnets into different groups.

HTH,

Craig

• Thanks for the advice. Sounds like the group option is the way to go.

Is there an efficient way to drag multiple subnets to a new group container? The only way i can figure out how to do it is to drag each individual subnet into the group. This will take quite a long to time put all 300+ subnets into groups. Is there any way to drag multiple subnets to a group at one time?

If not, I'm going to try to see if can do it in the DB with SQL scripts. Its a real pain to do them individually.