This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to obtain data on the operational state of switch interfaces

For a switch I want to know how many interfaces are currently operationally up and down. I know that the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8 will show a table of each interface status, but is there a way to use the UnDP to total the number of rows that are in each state and report it on the node details page as a transform poller?

Or, is there anotheway to do this? Will it require some sort of script?

Thanks for any help.

• You can create a UnDP using that OID to poll against the switch you want this information from, but expand the "Show Advanced Options" and make sure that "Get Table" radio button is marked.  You can map the values by selecting the Format: down drop and then enumerate the 0 and 1 to up and down.

At the end of the wizard it gives you an option to show it on the Orion website, you can add it to whatever Node Details view you like.

Once you drill in to the node I would expect to see something like this:

You can change the label as part of the UnDP Wizard.  Also edit the resource to rename it from "Tabular Universal Device Poller" to something else.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks for the response margolis, but this much I already know. What I want is a way to total the number of 1s and 2s in the OperStatus column and report it as a transform poller or whatever. Anything?

• The closest I can think to get this information in to a details page would be using the Advanced SQL function in the Orion Report Writer to query the database to get the results you're looking for.

Anyone else?