3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 2:03 AM by Andy Ng

No info on "Virtual Machine Details" view

daxvancamp

I've recently upgrade to NPM V10 to be able to monitor our ESX servers again.

I receive the necessary information on VM cpu/memory load but the view "Virtual Machine details" isn't displaying any machine. Any reason ?

• Re: No info on "Virtual Machine Details" view
          Andy Ng

Hi daxvancamp,

In NPM 10.0, it uses both SNMP and API to poll the statistics for ESX server.

Are you able to confirm if you have added the correct credentials for the ESX server?

This option is available when you Edit the Node in "Manage Nodes"

daxvancamp

I mentioned that I have the memory and cpu information at hand, I only don't have the view "virtual machine details" information althouh I've selceted this in my customized esx server view

Andy Ng

Hi daxvancamp,

Yes, I am just stating that it is now using 2 methods to poll information from ESX servers.

What is the view that is being used by the ESX server? Is it the Customized ESX view or the Node Details, or some other views?

If the ESX server is using the other views other than your customized view, change it here: [Admin | Views by Device Type | change the view for Object Type:VMware ESX Server]

And if you are already viewing the Node in your Customized ESX view, but are now showing any information, you might want to confirm that the ESX credentials are entered via "Manage Nodes"

But if it is none of the above, kindly provide more information or with screenshots of the issue that you are facing.