This is a strange one. Here's what I suggest:
- Go to the Devices -> All Managed Devices.
- Click the Device in question.
- Click the Monitor you wish to delete.
- Once on the Monitor's settings page, note the ID value within the address bar (not to be confused with SID)
- Click Delete.
- Once ipMonitor has confirmed that the Monitor has been deleted, check to see if the following file exists:
Let me know.
Chris Foley - SolarWinds - Support Specialist
Support:866.530.8040 || Fax:512.857.0125
network management simplified | solarwinds.com
Thanks. I did as you suggested and I verified that after deleting the monitor the corresponding ID file was deleted. I also noticed that it only seems to come back after I add additional devices.