This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds stopped sending alerts--where to change smtp settings

our mail server died recently and we stopped getting alerts from solarwinds 9.5.

I could swear that when I set this up it was somewhere on the solarwinds web interface that

I've changed smtp settings,  but now i can't find this. Can anyone please help

thanks

• Are the alerts still showing up in the web interface?  If you rebuilt your mail server, check the email trigger action for the name of the mail server you've configured.  If your new mail server has a different hostname, you can create a entry on your DNS server to match the old one or use the windows hosts file to create one.

I think that would be the quickest way to fix the mail issue.

If the alerts are not showing up in the web interface, check to make sure the Alerting service is still running.

• yes the alerts are still showing up. It's a different email server now (name and ip). I would like to explicitly point solarwinds to it in the settings.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to pgb205

From the Orion server (not the Web page), go to System Manager. then Alerts menu.  Under Configure Basic and Configure Advanced you'll see all your alerts.  For each alert you use, open it up and look at the Actions.  The email action will specify the SMTP server.