This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exporting Alert Definitions to Excell

Is there anyway of exporting the "Advanced Alert Definitions" to an excell spreadsheet? I would like to keep a list of the alerts defined, Triggers, resets, tod, thresholds etc in one place as a reference.

Thanks

bd

• bd,

You can do this in Excel by setting up a SQL server connection and connecting to the Orion db table AlertDefinitions. This will bring the whole table into Excel. If you dont want the entire table, you can edit your connection so you may plug in a query to get the colums you are after(or you could hide columns in Excel). You can have this document refresh every time you open it or you can manually refresh it. I believe you can make it auto refresh as well.

• Thanks Scott,

I did get this to work. I notice the alert actions are not in this table. The alert action table appears to be empty. Is there another place to see the corresponding action to each definition?

• ActionDefinitions is the table for that.

AlertActions table is for Basic alerts.