This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Weird Netflow Chart Readings

FormerMember
FormerMember

My Netflow charts are showing some very weird chart readings.

I've a 4Mbps line burstable to 5Mbps.

My charts shows traffic going at near to 10Mbps? How is that even possible?  Are there some settings that I can tweak to rectify the discrepancies?

• ncsisnet,

please take a look at this post, I guess you might have same case.

thanks

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to GZhytar

I'd have thought that was the case as well.  However, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I do have these cache timeout settings in my Cisco interfaces' but they're not helping.

Also, I discovered that if I change the chart to "Line charts" for Conversations, Applications and Endpoints, they showed up with the correct values.  Charts like Protocols and Services remained the same even after changing to line charts.

Also, anything other than a line chart will give me charts with inaccurate values.

• weird, can you please clarify this:

- does selected interface works in full-duplex mode?

- please can you post screen-shot of Top XX Protocols in Both/Ingress/Egress modes

- post the netflow config for selected interface/router

thanks

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to GZhytar

Hi GZhytar,

The interface is indeed working in full-duplex mode.

The selected interface netflow config is:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
      ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
     ip nbar protocol-discovery
     ip flow ingress
     ip flow egress
     duplex full
     speed 100
    end

For the router:

ip flow-cache timeout active 1
    ip flow-export source Loopback0
    ip flow-export version 5
    ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 9996

Below are the shots for the individual modes

Ingress:

Egress:

Both:

• ncsisnet,

I've seen this before for some devices which were exporting incorrect doubled information within NetFlow packets.

Please can you open support ticket and collect 1-2 hour capture of NetFlow data, so we can investigate this more deeply.