This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HP SIM and Dell OM integration with Solarwinds

FormerMember
FormerMember

Is there any plans to integrate Dell OM and HP SIM monitoring into Orion? I keep on getting asked whether we can ditch our other monitoring servers and just use Solarwinds. Is there an out of the box solution that would rival the vendors products rather than using the universal device poller?

Thanks,

Chris.

• perhaps we could use our SIM box as a nice new SQL server?!

• I have the same kind of question. What we want to do is to put our entire infrastructure in APM / NPM, we have already started with our network devices (with succes!) and now want to put our systems in it too. We run both HP and IBM servers so I'm interested in technical solutions for this.

On top of that ofcourse, adding OS / application monitoring is a goal too

I am very interested in others in the community that are trying to do the same so we could help eachother.

• Hello All--

I've marked this for the PM to review and possibly add as a feature request.

M

• Thank you Mary. What could be of interest for your PM too is that we looked in to MS SCOM but that seemed to be to system/OS centric (and for our budget way to expensive) and we use Orion, but that seems to be to network centric.

• Thanks, Mark. Will let the PM know.

M

• Can you elaborate, what features are you wanting to see?  Do you own APM?

• At the moment we are testdriving APM (we already own NPM). Our needs "simple"; monitor our entire infrastructure on hardware, OS, virtual environments (Citrix and ESX) and application level.

Hardware is a mix between IBM / HP hardware.

I am looking at ways we can use what we already have (HP SIM and Orion NPM) to cover the entire scope.

I have seen APM could do part of the application monitoring on both Windows and Linux. But for server hardware its not enough (I want to see health of cpu/ram/disk/disk controller/diskarray/fan/temperature etc).

• We are running Vmware ESXi 4 on HP Proliant servers and would really benefit from having hardware level monitoring of our systems without having to introduce another monitoring system just to be able to pull HP SIM or HP CIM providers.  With our previous ESX 3.5 and ESX 4 systems we could install the vendor management software (Dell at the time) which usually presented those status through SNMP.  With the impedded ESX on the HP platform we don't have that option and since it is a standard moving forward we are slightly stuck with using another product for alerting which takes away our unified view that our off-shore service desk relys on.

-David