1 of 1 people found this helpful
Here's a good place to search for specific vendor MIB's or when you are trying to find a specific OID for creating a custom poller:
The issue is there is not a vendor where I can get the mib. This is an inhouse system where we wrote the traps. the oid numbers are made up. Spectrum will not do anything with the traps because there is not mib. I need to create a mib that matches the oid we used so I can load it into Spectrum. The other tools we used in the past did not care if we had a mib. They could just run our script based on the sender of the trap.
There are some MIB editors in the market but if yours will be fairly small and you really want to delve into SMI you might want to start with rfc's:
SNMPv1 Data Definition
* RFC 1155 - Structure of Management Information
* RFC 1215 - Convention for defining Traps for use in SNMP
SNMPv2 and SNMPv3 Data Definition
* RFC 2578 - Structure of Management Information
* RFC 2579 - Textual Conventions
* RFC 2580 - Conformance Statements
* Internet draft - Guidelines for MIB Authors and Reviewers
There are a couple free editors out there but this is a good commercial editor:
Thanks! I'll go start reading.