This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Wireless 5508 Controller and NPM 9.5.1

I'm new to NPM. We just installed a Cisco 5508 wireless controller with three wireless SSIDs (two internal and a guest) and lightweight 1142 AP's all around our building.

I added the 5508 controller to NPM and it shows up (using SNMP v2). The thin access points appear (by MAC address). However, all the client counts show up as "0" and the SSIDs aren't listed.

How do I get NPM to poll this information? I'd ideally like to rename the APs by location in NPM as well.

Thanks!
-Brian

• So the location is the SNMP location we pull from the device, so you can change it there or create a custom property and put whatever value you want in there.  

Let's have you walk the OID's we use to see if you get anything back.  I will post those in the morning when in the office