This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Volume status LED

I have a need to display the volume status LED icon (or some other icon indicating volume status) on the Volume Details view.  I've dug through the Orion settings/configs, scanned through docs and Thwack with no success.

I am down to chopping on the VolumeDetailsResource but stuck as StatusLED does not seem to be exposed as a method for SolarWinds.Orion.NPM.Web.Volume.

Any thought or advice on this?  All I'm trying to do is expose an indicator of whether Orion considers the Volume Up or Down.

• you can do that with reports...

you will need to make an advanced SQL report and do something like this:

SELECT
    Nodes.StatusLED AS Status_Icon, Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID, Volumes.VolumeID AS VolumeID, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Volumes.VolumeTypeIcon AS VolumeTypeIcon, CASE
    WHEN Volumes.VolumePercentUsed>=90 THEN 'Down.gif'
    WHEN Volumes.VolumePercentUsed>=80 THEN 'Warning.gif'
    ELSE 'Up.gif'
    END
    AS Status

If you take a look at the CASE... it gives 3 status LEDs to the variable Status.

If you format this in the report writer as Icon and set "Status" as icon type...

Hope this works for ya... =)

works fine for me

• I am trying to do  the same thing, I want the Volume Status LED displayed in the existing Volume Details Resource.  Any one managed this yet ?

• you cannot change this for the default/existing resource but you can try to re-write that resource in the report writer, e.g. like I stated above (the status LEDs work fine for me)