7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 6:21 PM by esamurai

    Website not coming up after upgrade to 10.0

    HBrandNSB

      I'm getting the following error after upgrading and rebooting when trying to access the website:

       

      c:\InetPub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\Resources\SummaryCharts\NetworkAvgUtill.ascx.cs(4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SummaryGraphResource' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

        • Re: Website not coming up after upgrade to 10.0
          bshopp

          Can you please open a support ticket

            • Re: Website not coming up after upgrade to 10.0
              esamurai

              I just tried the upgrade on Server2008 and my website (https)  is not coming up either. It seems that there is some conflict between IIS7 and the SolarWinds Information Service or Orion Information Service v1.

              I had the same problem when attempting to upgrade to 9.5.1, so this upgrade is from 9.5.0 SP5 Hotfix5.

              I will open a ticket tomorrow.

                • Re: Website not coming up after upgrade to 10.0
                  esamurai

                  "Smoke in the cockpit":

                  The website is working just fine now. I went into IIS 7 settings and checked every one against our other NPM box. Running two W2008 Servers with SQL Enterprise on the same boxes (not recommended). One NPM 10 and one still at NPM 9.5.0.

                  I believe the fix involved tweaking the authentication and bindings. We run SSL. Everything has been up for 12 hours and running fine on NPM 10 with APM.

              • Re: Website not coming up after upgrade to 10.0
                chuco

                Try rebooting. I have the same error everytime when I upgrade or patch. What OS are you running and are using SSL on your site?

                  • Re: Website not coming up after upgrade to 10.0
                    HBrandNSB

                    Rebooting didn't help. I did open a ticket and they had me rename the solarwinds website folder and then re run the website config. That enabled me to be able to log into the site, but I'm getting all kinds of errors all over the place.

                    ---From missing files:

                    The "Top 10 Errors & Discards Today " resource is missing.
                    The file  /Orion/NetPerfMon/Resources/TopXX/ErrorsDiscardsTodayTopXX.ascx is not found.

                    The "Top XX Errors & Discards Today " resource is  missing.

                    The file  /Orion/NetPerfMon/Resources/TopXX/ErrorsDiscardsTodayTopXX.ascx is not  found.
                    The "Top XX Wireless Clients by Traffic " resource is  missing.
                    The file  /Orion/NetPerfMon/Resources/TopXX/WirelessClientsTrafficTopXX.ascx is not  found.
                    The "Top 10 Interfaces by Relative Mulitcast Packet Rate "  resource is missing.
                    The file  /Orion/NetPerfMon/Resources/TopXX/RelativeMcastPacketRateTopXX.ascx is not  found.
                    ----Node details page not showing up properly:
                    ----When I go to the Node Management page and click on a group of devices I get "Server error: RunQuery failed, check fault information."