2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 6:28 PM by savell

Where can I get a copy of the database schema so that I can get at my UDP data, Cisco Serial numbers for reporting

iasimov

I downloaded the Cisco Serial Numbers UDP, works great, but how do I access the information its collecting I am sure its in the database somewhere.

Therefore I need to get a copy of the database schema so I can try to write some SQL to access the cisco serial numbers I am sure are in there.

Help with getting the schema or accessing UDP data, ie an SQL example would  be much appreciated

Thanks

Simon

• Re: Where can I get a copy of the database schema so that I can get at my UDP data, Cisco Serial numbers for reporting
          byrona

If you have Microsoft Visio you can point it at a database and it will pretty much map it for you.  To do this with Visio you will need to setup a data source.

A better tool may be the SQL Server Management Studio which will map your database as well.

Either way make sure you use a Read Only account so you don't hose up your database.

• Re: Where can I get a copy of the database schema so that I can get at my UDP data, Cisco Serial numbers for reporting
              savell

Try something like this:

SELECT
              Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, CustomNodePollerStatus_CustomPollerStatus.Status AS your_custompollername 
               FROM
              ((Nodes INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment ON (Nodes.NodeID = CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollers CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.CustomPollerID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatus CustomNodePollerStatus_CustomPollerStatus ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomNodePollerStatus_CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID)
               WHERE  
              (
                CustomPollerAssignment like 'your_custompollername%'
              )
              AND
              (
              (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID = 0)

Dave.