4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 4:06 PM by ecklerwr1

Top XX netflow source resource w/ filtered node (sql)?

BakerD

In Orion NPM, you can add the Percent Utilization of All Interfaces resource and then use the custom Filter Nodes (SQL) to only show the interfaces you want.

The Top XX Netflow Sources by % Utilization doesn't have that option under edit.  Is there some other way of doing this?

I'm looking to just display say the Top XX Netflow sources by % util of just my MPLS interfaces on different routers.  I tried the build view resource, but it only lets you pick one node.

Thanks

• Re: Top XX netflow source resource w/ filtered node (sql)?
          Jason.Henson

BakerD,

The easiest way to do this would be to identify your MPLS interfaces with a custom property or naming scheme and then filter the resource and/or reports on this value.  If you're looking for something more dynamic, you may have to focus your SQL query around 'NetFlowSources' table in the SQL db and specifically the 'LastTime' value not equal to null. 

Thanks,
          Jason Henson
          Loop1 Systems
          http://www.Loop1Systems.com/

BakerD

BakerD,

The easiest way to do this would be to identify your MPLS interfaces with a custom property or naming scheme and then filter the resource and/or reports on this value.  If you're looking for something more dynamic, you may have to focus your SQL query around 'NetFlowSources' table in the SQL db and specifically the 'LastTime' value not equal to null. 

Thanks,
              Jason Henson
              Loop1 Systems
              http://www.Loop1Systems.com/

Creating a custom property would not be a big deal, but there is no way to filter on it from what I'm looking at.  On the NTA summary page, clicking EDIT for the Top 10 Netflow sources by % util I don't see any way to filter.

Thanks

ecklerwr1

I had to go check but you are right about that BakerD no filtering on that resource... I suppose the only way would be with a report.... I experimented a little with Report Writer but can't seem to do a top 10 descending netflow sources based on utilization... I could do it for traffic bytes or packets though... this is starting with one of three types of netflow reports you can create when you do a new report.  Maybe there's a way to just do a regular top 10 utilization report and then somehow filter to only show netflow sources... hmmm.

Did you have any success with this BakerD?

I am also trying to filter out some nodes from 'Top XX Netflow sources by % Utilization', but I have not had any luck.  This resource does not have a filter option in the edit menu, and account limitations does not modify what is displayed.  Account limitations just don't allow the user to view node details if the device is selected.