This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report scheduler looks to be authentication problem.

In the process of trying to figure out why my scheduled report does not email me per  a previous thwack posting... I tested to see if the user could view the web URL.  It can not from the Orion web server but can when not on the server. 

I'm configured to use windows authentication, the user has an orion account.

• From the Orion server this user "cannot" view the report.
  • When not logged on the Orion server this user "can" view the report.

I get an HTTP 401.2 error from the Orion server when I'm logged on and try to browse  the report.

Anyone see this issue? 

Glenn.

• report scheduler uses orion credentials to view URL that is within Orion though its original source is outside Orion.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly your post

• I may be doing something incorrrect but when I create a job it asks me for the user name and password... when I look at the windows task scheduler I see the job queued up under the user I gave it.

• Glenn,

It sounds like could be a permissions issue on the C:\InetPub\SolarWinds folder.  You might check the permissions on the web site folder in the InetPub directory to make sure that account has access to the SolarWinds folder and subfolders.  Hope this helps!

• Glenn,

Your user should be able to log in and see that report with the Orion creds provided in the Report Scheduler.  If you can't, then these are a few options to consider:

> Are you able to browse to the Orion web console at all
      > If not, maybe there's a problem with the IIS configuration or we are browsing with the incorrect IP address
      > Possibly a DNS issue.  Try using the local ethernet IP address

> Are you using a supported browser on the server when browsing to the Orion web UI
      > Preferably IE or Firefox

> Last ditch test, open IIS and right click > browse to the website from there. 

If you're still having trouble, I would think the problem would be in the IIS configuration and a good thought would be to delete the website from IIS and run the Orion Configuration Wizard again.  Any customization to the website will be retained in the database so that should not be a worry.  Do note that your Orion services will restart when you run the Config Wizard again though. 

Thanks,
    Jason Henson
    Loop1 Systems
    http://www.Loop1Systems.com/

• Its not a permission issue.

I'm using IE for my browser.

Per your first item listed. I am unable to view the Orion web console when I use the DNS name or IP but when I use localhost it works. So... it must be an IIS configuration then.

Well this is how I end up learning more about IIS... I have a direction to look now thanks bundles for your help.