3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 9:30 AM by quantus

Agent dispatcher files

Hi,

i've got a problem of disk space on the Orion  server.

I saw under the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngine\ThresholdStreams\AgentDispatcher" folder a lot of encrypted files .

Can i delete them to free disk space?

and if yes, is there a way to automate this trough orion ?

Thanks

• Re: Agent dispatcher files
          ecornwell

Hello,

Are you running EOC on the same server?  I had a similiar problem before and had to open up a ticket to get it resolved.

I'm also having this problem.  We try to keep application files on a seperate logical drive from OS files, but I have 2,278 encrypted files @ 2MB each in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngine\ThresholdStreams\AgentDispatcher and it's using up all the space on my OS partition.

Anyone know anything about this?

I got in touch with support, this is what they told me:

thank you for contacting SolarWinds Support.

Please do the following steps:

1. Open Orion Service Manager and stop the Job Engine, Job Scheduler and Orion Module Engine.
                2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngine\ThresholdStreams\AgentDispatcher and delete all files which are in this folder.
                3. Start all 3 services again starting with Orion Module Engine, Job Engine and then Job Scheduler.

Unfortunately these files cannot be relocated, however should not be generated again.

If they do get generated again please consider upgrading to NPM 10 as an option to resolve the issue.

It cleared up 6.5GB of space, which was nice. Guess we'll see if they come back.