This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Account Access Logs

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi,

Is there a way to view the access records for a particular Orion user? I need to be able to show when different users have logged on or off, and if possible what changes, if any, have been made. We are using NPM 9.5.1.

I am hoping there will be a log file somewhere which will give me some or all of this information.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Richard

• Richard,

I'm not aware of a log that shows what changes an Orion user has made.  You can get the last login date from the database.  It's a one line SQL query if you want a report that show the last login time.  In report writer, create a new report and select Advanced SQL as the report type.  Enter the following line in the box on the SQL tab:

select AccountID, LastLogin from accounts order by AccountID

Keep in mind this is just the last login time, it won't tell you when (or if) the user logged out. 

The only other thing I can think you might look at would be the IIS logs for the Orion web site.  I haven't worked with IIS logs much, so I'm not sure how much useful information you'll find in there. 

• This looks good, but is there a way to track the number of times users logged in not just the last login?

• We've been asking for auditing for quite a while so that we can open up Solarwinds to administrators outside of our department.  I believe there is a feature request for this, but I'm not sure where it is exactly.

If you have someone skilled in SQL maybe they can come up with a way to track logins by looking for changes in the last login field.  You could probably even incorporate an APM monitor if you wanted to get really creative.

• Bobross is correct, this is a well-known feature request.  Please see the comments posted to this "What we are working on" thread.

Thanks,
    DH