This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reporting Woes – NTA 3.6

In NetFlow Node Detail report, what does the Node Interfaces data represents?

When I select an Absolute Time Period, mine always appears to be the same as my current traffic. I would think it should show me the average for the time period of my report.

Also, is there a way to drill down to a smaller time slice on the report? If I ask for an hours worth, I still get a 24 hour period.

And last by not least. I ran the same reports for a previous time period on 3/1 and today but the graphs are completely different, but the data is the same. What is up with this?
  • From Above..
    Also, is there a way to drill down to a smaller time slice on the report? If I ask for an hours worth, I still get a 24 hour period.

I found the answer to this question.  http://support.solarwinds.com/kbase/ProblemDetail.cfm?ID=1223

But would the to know about the other two.

• In NetFlow Node Detail report, what does the Node Interfaces data represents?
    When I select an Absolute Time Period, mine always appears to be the same as my current traffic. I would think it should show me the average for the time period of my report.

Can you provide the exact steps you took to see this issue?

And last by not least. I ran the same reports for a previous time period on 3/1 and today but the graphs are completely different, but the data is the same. What is up with this?

Can you provide the exact steps you took to see this issue?  

I'd like to try this on my system to see if I can reproduce.  

I'd also open a support ticket just to make we're tracking this if it is a bug.

• For both questions, my steps were the same.

I log into the NTA. Select my device, so it pulls up the "NetFlow Node Detail" for that device.

I select the down arrow next to "Last 15 Minutes", which is located just under the title.

Click on the Absolute Time Period and entered the date and time I wanted in the format of 2/24/2010 12:00:00 AM.

So in the first box I had 2/24/2010 12:00:00 AM and the second box I put 2/25/2010 12:00:00 AM. and click on submit.

On 3/1 when I ran the report I had peaks and valleys through out the day from 8:30 to 5:30, but today when I run the report I get a nub from 7:30 to 9:30 and a big peak at 10:30 pm.

Plus the Node Interface on the page has the same traffic speed as Device's report for today.

• Ok, I think I understand why you're seeing the difference between 3/1 and 3/12.

See this post for how NTA data compression works and how you can change these default settings depending on your specific requirements.