4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 5:24 PM by simonpt

Change XML values

chaldz

I device's IP address and name was changed.  Instead of deleting the device and rescanning the new IP, I just updated all the monitors.  I am now having issues when reusing the old IP where ipMonitor is trying to associate it with the original device.  I've noticed when I go into the properties of the original device and choose Popup XML, the FQDN is still set to the old name.  How can I change this?

• Re: Change XML values
          chaldz

Also, I went into the properties on the old device and set the "Property Refresh Policy" to Keep Old Values on Rescan then updated with the new System Name and IP then applied this.  Then I changed it back to Refresh values on rescan.  Then I rescanned the device.  The values are now back to the original old values.  If I can just update what I see in the XML, I think this would resolve everything.

simonpt

Here's how to do it:

1. Copy the Popup XML text and paste into an editor.
              2. Make your FQDN change.
              3. Copy all the text in your editor.
              4. In IPM, go Configuration > System Settings > Import Settings.
              5. Change 'Data Source' to 'Cut and Paste XML'.
              6. Paste your modified XML text into the 'XML Text' box.
              7. Click Import.

HTH

chaldz

On import what is checked/unchecked?

Import Monitors
                  Import Groups and their relationship with Monitors
                  Import Alerts and Actions
                  Import Maintenance Schedules
                  Import Report Configurations

simonpt

Those options are really only important if you are importing an entire system configuration and you want to import just, say, the monitors.  Since you're only importing one specific monitor or device, they aren't meaningful.  You can safely leave them at their default settings.