Also, I went into the properties on the old device and set the "Property Refresh Policy" to Keep Old Values on Rescan then updated with the new System Name and IP then applied this. Then I changed it back to Refresh values on rescan. Then I rescanned the device. The values are now back to the original old values. If I can just update what I see in the XML, I think this would resolve everything.
Here's how to do it:
- Copy the Popup XML text and paste into an editor.
- Make your FQDN change.
- Copy all the text in your editor.
- In IPM, go Configuration > System Settings > Import Settings.
- Change 'Data Source' to 'Cut and Paste XML'.
- Paste your modified XML text into the 'XML Text' box.
- Click Import.
On import what is checked/unchecked?
Import Monitors Import Groups and their relationship with Monitors Import Alerts and Actions Import Maintenance Schedules Import Report Configurations
Those options are really only important if you are importing an entire system configuration and you want to import just, say, the monitors. Since you're only importing one specific monitor or device, they aren't meaningful. You can safely leave them at their default settings.