3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 11:06 AM by MarieB

Enterasys - Experimental SNMP Trap Logging Issue

nakoz69

I am currently running NPM 9.5 SP2 and I am having an issue logging a specific trap to Syslog. 

I am seeing the following Traps in the Trap View:

Trap Time    IP Address    Hostname    Community String    Trap Type    Trap Details
      1/1/1999 7:01:16 PM    10.X.X.X    10.X.X.X    private    ENTERASYS-POWER-ETHERNET-EXT-MIB:etsysPseChassisPowerRedundant    sysUpTime=13 days 9 hours 25 minutes 22.00 seconds

snmpTrapOID=ENTERASYS-POWER-ETHERNET-EXT-MIB:etsysPseChassisPowerRedundant

Trap Time    IP Address    Hostname    Community String    Trap Type     Trap Details
      1/1/1999 7:01:16 PM    10.X.X.X    10.X.X.X    private     ENTERASYS-POWER-ETHERNET-EXT-MIB:etsysPseChassisNONPowerRedundant     sysUpTime=13 days 9 hours 25 minutes 22.00 seconds

snmpTrapOID=ENTERASYS-POWER-ETHERNET-EXT-MIB:etsysPseChassisPowerNONRedundant

I want to push these two traps to Syslog on the local NPM server, but when I go to add a rule my "Actions" are limited to  allows me to "Forwarding" the trap using a UDP port.

So as a test I am forwarding them to port 162 and 514 on the server, but when I pull the power on the switch it shows up in the Trap Viewer but not in Syslog.

Any idea?  Am I missing something or making this too difficult.  Honestly if I could just send all the traps to syslog that would be even better, but I will take what I can get.