This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request - Email Alert Editor

I realize this may not be on alot of peoples short list, but the Email Alert editor used with Advanced alerting is horrible.  there is no formatting other than using a "space" or ${CtrlLF}.  The competition has you beat on this hands down.

When we send an email or text msg alert, we want to include quite a bit of info, no just "node is down". We include data such as Location, contact informatin, etc, and the lack of formatting in the editor makes these messages very hard to read.

As a point of comparison, the THWACK forums has a more robust edtior than software we pay quite a lot of $$ for.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

i would also like a little more versatility, at least the ability to enter HTML...

I would most like to be able to add graphs showing histirical data, such as utilisation, or availabilily.  See the way you can create a custom view, and then schedule to email that view out?  i woudl like to be able to pull that same HTML into an alert so i could insert a chart...

what do you think?

• I would like to see all of the above in addition to a way to manage email/alert contacts.

It would be great to be able to have devices/people organized into groups so alerting a group would be as easy as adding that group into the alert rather then having to put each and every email address or device address.

Currently we are using third party application to manage our alerts and pass everything through scripts, which works well, but we only do that for the enterprise alerts. Alerts just for non enterprise devices or business units not part of the enterprise alert system still use Orion alert functionality, which as stated is limited/confusing.

• I agree that a more robust alert editor is much needed.

I would like to see all of the above in addition to a way to manage email/alert contacts.

It would be great to be able to have devices/people organized into groups so alerting a group would be as easy as adding that group into the alert rather then having to put each and every email address or device address.

Currently we are using third party application to manage our alerts and pass everything through scripts, which works well, but we only do that for the enterprise alerts. Alerts just for non enterprise devices or business units not part of the enterprise alert system still use Orion alert functionality, which as stated is limited/confusing.

JasonKV, I think what you are requesting is substantially different from what the the Original Post is requesting and therefore would probably be a complete Feature Request of it's own.  I will also note that there are some unique tricks you can do to help with the alert stuff you are talking about.

• Hi Byron--

I've marked this for the PM to review.

M