4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 8:11 AM by acmtix

IPAM Export

How long should an export take approximately?  I'm trying to export my entire IPAM database to a Excel spreadsheet.  There's about 150 subnets and I'm only trying to export basic items like the IP address and DNS. 

It starts the process and then the page greys out.  I've waited for a while and this never seems to complete. I'm at the point where I'm going through my groups and subnets one by one, doing an export and trying to figure out what may be causing it to choke.

Any information is appreciated.

Regards,

Todd

• Re: IPAM Export
          macnugetz

Have you tried exporting to a .csv, then opening the .csv in XL?  This should work, and exporting to a .csv is going to be much faster.

HTH,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the suggestion. I never even tried .csv

I was indeed able to export to .csv with no issue. 1666 subnets in about 30 seconds.  Exporting to excel never, ever worked when I tried to export the entire database.

There's no way to get the exported information into 1 spreadsheet is there?  1666 spreadsheets is a lot to go through :)

Perhaps I'm just not setting my groups up the way it was envisioned. 

Regards,

Todd

macnugetz

Todd,

Unfortunately it's going to export each subnet to its own file.  I think this is a good suggestion, that is, being able to export all subnets to a single file.  I will log this is a feature request.

-Craig