3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2010 2:30 AM by jonchill

Scheduled Discovery Results

jonchill

It would be better if when you looked at the scheduled discovery results that rather than listing all the interfaces for a device and having to find the newly discovered interface that it only displayed the new interfaces discovered.

• Re: Scheduled Discovery Results
          chris.lapoint

There is the ability to ignore nodes and interfaces so they don't continue showing up again.  Does that meet your need or were you looking for something more?

jonchill

See below, its identified a new interface on this switch but its right down at the bottom of the list, I would find it much more useful if either the the new interfaces were listed at the top or it only displayed the new interfaces and nothing else. I don't wan to have to go over every switch and ignor every interface just to get the above functionality. Some of our 3750 stacks are 5 * 48 port devices and scrolling through that list would be monotonous to say the least just to find a new discovered interface.

Also the scheduled discovery found a new switch which I imported, during the import it just says importing to Orion DB, would this be NCM or NPM or both?

jonchill

Answered my own question the import from a scheduled discovery only imports into the NPM DB and not the NCM DB which seems crazy as I would won't it in both so I've now got to manually add it to NCM and have to log into the server and do it through the GUI, will you be able to add NCM nodes through the web GUI in the future?

Also with the discovery import it doesn't offer any of the usual add new node options like custom properties etc, so I would find this not particularly useful until it offered all options that you get for a normal node add.