4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 3:59 PM by mark wiggans

RPC server

Hi Friends

I hope you can help me.

I'm trying to learn how to put better security on my system. I have learned a lot about computers in the past year as far as repairs go. Even so, I don't know much about computer security. 

I tried to get our local techs to do something about my hacking problems unsuccessfully. They were happy enough to take my money, but they didn't do anything more than installing an antivirus program. I could do that myself.

I decided to try doing it myself. The more I learned, the more I came across things that the should have done. Now I do ALL of my own repairs. I learned by the trial and error method.

When it comes to security, it's much different. I try to look up stuff on Google but there is nothing about a problem simular to mine. Hence why I am trying everything I can to figure out how to do better security myself and I can't. 

I downloaded the WMI Monitor a few days ago and it says: The RPC server is unnavailable.

GRC says I have an unusual RPC problem when I do their test. I tried to look up what it means but the answers are vague. Can someone please tell me what an RPC server is and why it's not available?

Thank you very much!