This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom reports Help needed.

Hi, 

I have been working with solarwinds Orion for a while now, I am not sure if I ever needed to check this before but for life of me i am unable to figure out how to generate a few custom reports that my manager wants to see... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Report 1 - A report indicating the date when the node has been "Monitored since" consisting of the following fields - NodeName, Node IP, Node Monitored since

Report 2 - Aggregate Availability till date consisting of the following fields - NodeName, Node IP, Aggregate Availability till date(since the initial monitor date of the node).

Thanks

KV

• Have you looked at any of the reports in the content exchange.  They might not give you exactly what you want, but might give you a starting point 

• I have checked the resources and upon further investigation, I have learned that the application does not keep track/store information regarding initial poll date of a device, which would act as the base for both reports.

Also I have read elsewhere on the forums  that, All statistics in the Orion database older than the Daily Statistics Retention period are deleted. By default, this period is 365 days.

Now, to get a trending report of the usage or performance, how far into the history can I look at....is that only 365 days or would it be greater??

Thanks

KV

• Whatever the retention period on your Daily Statistics is the longest period that you are retaining data.  If you want to be able to report on more than 1 years worth of trending data, you're going to need to increase your retention periods but of course this only applies going forward.  If you've been running NPM for more than 1 year, anything previous to that is lost.

Thanks,

Ken

• That makes sense. Thanks