This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Any way to alert on an IP ADDRESS GROUP with high bandwidth?

I have an IP ADDRESS group defined for all our nodes involved in Video Conferencing traffic.

Some of those links start to suffer when it gets around 3Mbps so I'd like to be alerted when it starts reaching near 2Mbps. Can an alert be designed around this?

Thanks.

NTA 3.6

• As you probably know, you could create an alert on the links exceeding a particular rate/% utilization in NPM Advanced Alert Manager.   However, you can't yet alert on NTA data specifically.   This is something we're looking at longer-term.   Do you have other use-cases for alerts?

• I am very interested in something like this.  Not so much for bandwidth, but host data transfer amounts.  Part of our business is running a WiSP for underserved rural areas and we want to be able to notifuy customers when they are getting close to their contract limits.  Being able to have NTA alert us when a customer gets to 75-80% of their allowed amount would be great.  Right now I have to generate a report every once in a while and review them manually.

Aaron

• I think this would be a fantastic addition. I could see cases where we need to be alerted if we see too much (or rather, high utilization) of traffic to a specific site (i.e. - youtube or facebook) etc..

• And this is now available in General Release as NTA version 4.5!

You can check out the Release Notes, download the new release on the Customer Portal, and get all the help they need with the upgrade at the Success Center.

joer