9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2010 4:46 PM by chris.lapoint

NTA 3.6 Additional Web Component?

aLTeReGo

I just tried to download the NTA Additional Web Component through my customer portal but the only version available was v3.5. Any idea how to update my Additional web server to v3.6?

• Re: NTA 3.6 Additional Web Component?
          chris.lapoint

With NTA 3.6, all components are now included a single installer (full, web only, additional collector).    So, you just need to run the NTA 3.6 installer on your Orion additional web server, and it will automatically determine the appropriate NTA component to install.

njoylif

are you guys doing this going forward?  I think my IPSLA is the same way, and I did run into this problem too.

you may consider putting a note in the release notes or on the web somewhere obvious, as we tried installing the 3.5 addt'l web component after upgrading and it killed my addt'l web server (had to reboot).

chris.lapoint

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Just so I'm clear, you would prefer that they go back to being separate builds?

1. Main module installer

2. Additional web server installer

3. Module additional poller installer

Or, do you like a single installer for all 3, but we just need to make it clearer that the single installer is for all 3?

njoylif

I personally like the single installer MUCH better, just need to know that is the one install to run on the addt'l web engines too (or addt'l pollers) as appropriate.

thanks!

aLTeReGo

Definitely the single installer, but you should make mention as you did for APM that NTA 3.6 includes the Additional Web Server components. It's a little confusing in the customer portal as-is. APM states that it contains the Additional Web Server components, while NTA 3.6 does not make mention of the Additional Web Server. At the same time NTA 3.5 Additional Web Server bits are available for download with no direction to users that if they're looking for 3.6 it's baked into the normal NTA 3.6 installer. It was a little confusing so I thought I'd post the question.

Make sense?

chris.lapoint

Makes sense.   I'll work with the team on getting this resolved for NTA and make sure do the same for other products

chris.lapoint

Definitely the single installer, but you should make mention as you did for APM that NTA 3.6 includes the Additional Web Server components. It's a little confusing in the customer portal as-is. APM states that it contains the Additional Web Server components, while NTA 3.6 does not make mention of the Additional Web Server. At the same time NTA 3.5 Additional Web Server bits are available for download with no direction to users that if they're looking for 3.6 it's baked into the normal NTA 3.6 installer. It was a little confusing so I thought I'd post the question.

Make sense?

You noted that APM states that it contains the Additional Web Server components, but NTA does not.   I wasn't able to see this distinction on the customer portal.   Where exactly were you seeing this clarification that helped you understand what steps to take?

Thanks,

-Chris

aLTeReGo

It's under "Additional Components". To add more confusion to the mix, the download for the NTA Additional Web Component makes reference to v3, but when you download the file it's v3.5. A note here that this is for v3.5 and that beginning in v3.6 all subsequent versions will contain in the Additional Web Server component within the main installer, would help to alleviate most of the confusion.