I have recently configured Primter Toner monitor for HP Printers. This is the step I followed,
1. Got the OID for Toner status as 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.1.1.8
2. Created a New Custom poller in Solarwinds Universal Device Poller.
3. Put this OID and and map this Assign this custom poller to HP Printer you want to monitor in Orion.
5. Now got to the Alert configuration and create new Alert as Printer toner monitor.
6. On the Trigger tab select the customer poller instaed of nodename (default) and slect this new cutomer poller as simple condition.
7. Now you need to specify the toner lelvel you want to get the alert (OID Return value)
8. Once it is done you can create Email Alert and test it.